Which Hair Color will Suit You the Best?
Changing to a new hair color is the easiest way to change your looks completely. If you want to revolutionize your personality, applying an altogether new color is your best bet. If you trigger your creativity a little, you can get amazing hair color ideas. However, choosing just the right color may be daunting. What criteria should you apply while choosing a hair color that will most suit you? Here are some tips.
Your Skin Tone
A test to check your undertone is to observe the veins on your wrists. If they are blue, you have a cool undertone, if they are green, you have a warm undertone and if they are of a color which is somewhere in between green and blue, you have a neutral undertone. If you are not able to see your veins, go out in bright daylight (without makeup) and take a good quality photo of yourself (face). By eye-dropping the color using image editing software, check whether it’s a warmer or cooler shade.
- For olive skin, darker hair colors are suitable.
- For pink skin, shades like golden blonde or warm red, should be avoided. Instead go with ash tones which will neutralize your color.
- Pale skin goes with almost any color. However it doesn’t necessarily flatter the tone.
- Dark skin particularly goes with striking, bright colors.
- If your skin is extremely pale, don’t choose black or any other very dark color because that will make you look even paler.
- If you have got a yellow-hued skin, be careful with shades like golden, yellow or orange. Dark browns or deep reds are usually a safe bet.
Give a thought to which clothing color best suits you. This will make your color decision much easier because both directly match each other.
- If golden yellow, red, orange, rust or olive green colored clothes suit you, you should choose warmer hair colors like golden brown, golden blonde, auburn or strawberry blonde.
- If black, pine green, royal blue, bluish red or fuchsia clothes suit you the best, your hair color tones should be cool ones like ash blonde, jet black, burgundy, platinum or ash brown.
- If red, teal, periwinkle, purple or charcoal grey clothes suit you, you should choose hair colors like mahogany, beige blonde, chocolate brown or sandy blonde.
- If you look best in silver jewelry, you have a cool skin
- If you look best in gold jewelry, you have a warm skin
- And if both suit you, you have a neutral skin
Your eye color and color of hair match directly each other. If your eyes are green, hazel or brown, warm hair color tones like gold, red or auburn will look best on you.
If you have got grey or blue eyes, hair color tones like ash or light gold will best suit you.
Choose your hair color after carefully considering all these criteria and it will make you look gorgeous and all new!