5 Important Tips to Take Proper Care of Your Brazilian Hair Extensions
Thick, curly hair is something to be proud of and what else than Brazilian hair can do that? However, if you don’t take care of your hair extensions, they will soon lose their luster and shine and look dull, affecting your overall beauty. Therefore as you take care of your natural hair, it’s important to take care of your hair extensions too. Here are a few tips with which you can do that.
1. Right Way of Styling
Before styling, you should make it a point that your extensions should always be tangle-free to last longer and look beautiful. Comb or brush gently from bottom up. Divide them in small sections. Preferably use a detangling comb.
Choose Mayvenn Brazilian hair extensions, and style them just as you style your own hair. You can blow dry, color with hair color or straighten them with a flat iron, and style them.
2. Avoid Heat
Heat is the biggest enemy of your hair extensions. The more heat you use on them, the shorter will be their life. If you want to use heat, use it in moderation and at low temperatures. Also use alcohol-free styling products.
3. Take Care while Sleeping
You can sleep while wearing your hair extensions, but remember to put them ‘up’ while sleeping. Pin or plait them before going to bed. This will prevent tangles. Never sleep when the hair is wet and loose because they will be tangled then.
4. Deep Conditioning
To make sure your hair extensions are in top shape always, use a deep conditioner or give them hot oil treatment twice a month, more or less according to the hair’s need. This is especially important if you have used iron on them or treated them with chemicals.
5. Daily Care
- Use a shampoo that is compatible with the hair texture at least once a week
- Wash in a downward motion
- Don’t rub or massage hair against itself
- Use a moisturizing conditioner with fingers or a wide-toothed comb to spread the conditioner on the hair. Keep for 20-30 minutes at least and then wash thoroughly
- Blot hair gently with a towel
- Spray the extensions with a diluted curl activator solution or leave in conditioner
- Air-dry for best curl formation
- Don’t apply oil or any greasy products because they may cause severe tangling
If you follow these rules, your Brazilian hair extensions will look always awesome to allow you to flaunt them and get eyes turned to you.