How to Buy Just the Right Capris for You
Capris are casual pants of a length below the knees or mid-calf. They are characteristically more of a tight fitting. If appropriately accessorized, these casual pants can be worn at workplace too. Let me give you some tips about how to buy a capri.
For choosing the right capris for you, you should consider cut, length and your body type.
The most flattering type of capri pants are either straight legged or tapered and offer an uncluttered line. The drawstring type of capris with flared or wide shape are more comfortable; however, they offer the least flattering cut, particularly for bottom-heavy or petite women. They create a boxy lump of fabric across the entire length of capris which makes the wearer appear shorter and heavier.
If you have muscular, thick legs, you have to choose capri pants that are cut just below the knees. If the hemline reaches the broadest part of the calves, attention is drawn to that area.
Taller women or those who have slim legs can wear capris of most of the lengths. A good pair of heels can offer you a longer, sleeker look when paired with capris. For daily wear, espadrilles, wedge heels or gladiator sandals with chunky heels make the best pairing. Kitten heels or ballet shoes too pair fine with capris.
Here are some tips about how to wear capris:
- Most women look best in capri pants that follow the original leg line because of being tapered.
- Capris may make the legs look short; to avoid this, wear high heels. Also strapless shoes tend to make the legs look longer.
- Produce the rule of thirds while wearing capris. The top portion counts for one-third, while the bottom portion for two-thirds. This can be done by tucking the top into the capris. But if you want to produce one-third bottom and two-third top look, try a dress or tunic over capris.
- Capris often pair nicely with funky, fun top tucked in them.
- Prefer a flat front, instead of pleats.
- Capris with cuffs too can make the legs look shorter.
- Preferably choose skin tone or a similar color for the capris; however, remember that you can get a variety of colors in capris.
Nina B Roze is a leading fashion designer of capris, bikinis and other women’s fashion wear. Take a look at the pictures in this article of the fabulous capris designed by her. You can see a lot more capris and other fashions on her website too.