Extend the Life of Your Jewelry by cleaning it from Time To Time
Spring is the time to clean all things. While clearing the clutter out and polishing your wooden furniture this year, don’t avoid the collection of your jewelry, make sure you revitalize the shining of your jewelry. We often tend to overlook the small treasures of our life. It is the ideal time to blow off the dust from your jewelry box and make them look new.
If you know the proper method of cleaning you can definitely extend the life of your jewelry. Apart from having your jewelry cleaned professionally by your jeweler once in a year, here are some of the ways to care for your jewelry at home.
1. If you are not wearing your jewelry, keep each of them separately in a soft container. If mixed together, they get scratched.
2. Frequent cleaning of your jewelry is important to avoid the dirt build up that can damage your jewelry.
3. Make sure you use warm water and a soft toothbrush while cleaning your jewelry.
4. You can use ammonia based cleaners or rub alcohol with a soft toothbrush to clean diamonds. Then dry it with clean, soft cloth.
5. Use a slightly damp cloth to wipe the dirt from the strands of pearls. Make sure the string doesn’t get wet, as it can make the string weak and might break also.
6. Gemstones should be kept away from heavy blows.
Apart from home care, it is good to have your jewelry checked by the jeweler once in a year. By getting them checked by a jeweler and having them cleaned from time to time you will be extending the life of your jewelry.