Tips for Buying High Quality Platform Pump Shoes
Platform pump shoes offer totally new look to outfits within no time. What’s more, they convert a self-conscious woman into a self-esteemed one. However, it is unfortunate that many women don’t have even a least idea of how to buy high heel pump shoes, how to coordinate them and how to walk in them. Let’s gather some knowledge regarding this.
High-heeled pumps come in a number of styles. You just need to select one that will complete your outfit. By knowing about quality high heel pumps and taking time to practice walking in them, you can feel confident even if you are the most nervous high-heel wearer.
Amongst all the high heel shoes, high heel pumps have remained the most popular since long.
Selecting a Perfect Pair of High Heel Pumps
Choosing a perfect pair of high heel pumps is no less than an art. The general norm of fashion says that leaner women look better in thinner heels, while plus-size women look better in thicker heels. A variety of heights are available in the heels of pumps, along with the variation of toes like rounded or pointed.
- Black Platform Pumps – Black platform pumps go practically with everything. The color that follows black is nude, as that also goes practically with anything. It is absolutely okay, however, to buy colored pumps when you have a specific need to match certain outfit.
- To wear heels comfortably, they have to be fitted by a professional. The higher they are, the more stressful are they for your feet. To test the high heel pumps, stand up tall with your knees straight and lift your body on your toes. If this can be achieved also with the heels being lifted 1 inch off the shoe, it lets you know that you can wear that shoe. If you cannot lift your heels 1 inch off the shoe, you cannot wear the heels correctly, because they are too high. Also an expert suggestion is to select shoes at the end of the day because at that time the feet are swollen and so, a better fit is ensured.
- Don’t forget to practice walking in the store itself. Practicing for 15 to 30 minutes at a time makes feet adjust to the heels. It is also important to check that the feet remain vertical and not slip to the sides. Practicing turning is also important to ensure minimizing of slipping and falling. And the higher the heels, the smaller should be the stride.
- High heels are infamous for giving ache in feet, knees and back. After wearing them for a long time, a soothing massage should be given to the tightened muscles so as to make them wear the heels again.
- Pumps having a thicker sole or platform are more comfortable on the feet, as they reduce the pressure on the ball of the foot.
Checking the High Quality
Investing in high quality platform pumps can make you able to wear them for longer.
- Look at the way the sole and shoe are joined. Glued soles should be checked to ensure that the sole doesn’t give any signs of coming off from the shoe. For sewn soles, the stitching should be checked if it is smooth and strongly held in place.
- There should be rubber at the bottom of the heels. It helps control slippage when the heel strikes against ground.
- If the inner lining of the shoe is made of leather and covers the inside, it denotes quality. Leather is breathable and keeps feet cool.
- If you are not comfortable with leather shoes, which are actually of the highest quality, you can choose synthetic materials. However these materials, like plastic and nylon are uncomfortable because they are not breathable.